Monday, May 30, 2011

this is a new day today



Here's day two of my... homely photographic challenge! My sister and I went on a little driving adventure to this spot I love near my town's major water supply. If you're an avid reader of my blog you might recognise this bridge that I've taken a few photos on before, but this time we went exploring into the rather spikey woodland patch nearby. Injuries: many.


Rennie has very pretty hair.




About 18 months ago Rennie shaved all her hair off (actually, I think my first picture on this blog was of Rennie with her shaved head) and it grew back all curly and good. Jealous! Rennie's thoughts on hair: "it's like one of the coolest things that's happened to me... in a superficial sense."







Rennie is wearing dress from Kookai, coat from Cue and is holding a vintage wicker picnic basket!






"I eated the purple berries" - Ralph






Enjoy! Would love to hear some feedback :)


6 comments:

Riccardo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Riccardo said...

grace, you never told me you had a sister... Well actually you have and we have met, but i thought it would ruin the pick up line. Anyway, the colouring is stunning in these photos and the vignette really enhances the nostalgic, dreamlike and cold feel to the series. Makes me miss home and what winter is like back in orange.

What i'm really trying to say in a less wanky way is that you are amazing, and your sister is beautiful.

Sofie said...

The setting is so gorgeous ;__; I wish there were woodland areas near where I live, they make the best photo shoot locations!

Saranna said...

She looks like someone on a trip to find someplace new. At least that's what I feel these images tell :) But really, a mood well captured.

It's funny, I was just thinking today about shaving my head(I have long hair atm) and then I stumble to your blog with this story.

She is Sara said...

Omg BEAUTIFUL!! I love her hair too, I really like that she shaved her hair off and it grew back so pretty!

Kallie, Happy Honey and Lark said...

Gorgeous shots, I hope your many injuries weren't too bad. I love her hair, it must have been so liberating to just shave it off but also nice that it grew back.