Thursday, May 26, 2011

Badoopey doo



The photo of the week this week is a photo by the amazing Richard Avedon. In his career he took sooo many beautiful photos, this one I think is especially great. As a classmate of mine said, this is a very unusual portrait of Marilyn Monroe, it's captured a side of her that we never saw, with the mask down! You can just see it in her eyes, she looks like she has the weight of the world on her shoulders. If I was doing celebrity portraits this is what I would love to do, get them without the 'mask'.

If you haven't seen much of Richard Avedon's work before I would thoroughly recommend checking him out.

4 comments:

Jeannette said...

thank you so much! love your blogs! xx nany

Jazzy E (hivenn) said...

I have a giant book of his, love him. A lot. x hivenn

Kate said...

All I see on the blog is a picture of a mosquito... I only saw the Marilyn Monroe picture when I clicked on the mosquito.
Thought you might like to know...

Love your blog though!

Gracie said...

haha, whaaaat? that's very strange. anyone else having this problem? :p
hivenn - i'm jealous!