Wednesday, March 9, 2011

i whip my hair back and forth...

Hello chums!

We've been doing quite a bit in the studio at college recently, learning all the basics and stuff, and I took some photos today that I quite liked... we were using a soft box as a main light and a light with a big reflector as a fill light, changing the ratio between the two... but that's not important.
The important thing is that our group decided to get out the fan to make it a bit more fun, and Monique and I were whipping our hair back and forth, so to speak, for the photos :p


(ever since we went to the Annie Leibovitz exhibition I've been very much enjoying framing my studio shots so you can see more than just the screen in the background. I don't know why I like it... probably stems from my general dislike of studio backdrops :p. These were, however, also sort of just test shots so none of the framing was particularly intentional either!)






And this is me, turns out you can't have greasy hair in fan photos :p (It's only one day old hair, jeeze! I blame the humidity.)

Happy thursday :)

2 comments:

Tamera said...

Love it! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!
Tamera xo
Tamera's Take

Anonymous said...

oie why is my terrible face here!
the others are awesome though :D
-Lauren