Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Wish I had a mango tree...

in my back yard...

Hello blogworld! Ahhh, it's been quite a shocking amount of time since I last posted, but I'm back now, and hopefully better than ever! :p Haha, or at least... better than the last 2 weeks. I think that's how long it's been...
Anyway, to explain myself, two things. 1. I moved to Sydney last week. Ahhhhh! Freak out. First time I've moved out of home, living in a share house, being all independent and stuff, freaky. 2. My laptop broke :( :( :( I don't know what happened but it just stopped and I tried and tried to fix it (erasing all my stuff from the hard drive in the process, the last two months of which was not backed up...) and it finally came back from repairs today, hurrah, I love you laptop! And I've promised to look after it much better and give it lots of encouragement and laptop pats (am I sounding like a lunatic? Ah well.)

So I have a few posts to... post, but I thought I'd just start with some nice pictures I took of my new house! For all of those who might be interested. Sarah, one of my new flatmates, has decorated the house beautifully with all this vintage furniture and stuff and I just love it and I had a little wander around one afternoon snapping away.


This is my back yard. And that is a mango tree. I kid you not. Okay, so the mango tree isn't in my back yard, but that just makes it more exciting and song-worthy to me. For those of you who don't know the song by Angus and Julia Stone, I might as well link it here too!


That appears to be a tiny little video, but ah well you can just listen to it. I don't know why it's like that :p 
Anyway, it's a goodun. So, some of you that aren't from country NSW may be wondering why I'm so excited, but you must understand that my entire life I haven't lived somewhere tropical enough to even.. think about growing a mango tree. Granted, I'm not the biggest fan of tropical weather, but this is a step in the right direction. I think the rule is that if the fruit is growing over my side of the fence then I get to take it... and that big one doesn't appear to be... but a bird might... accidentally knock it off? Shhh!






my hat rack, and the palms outside the window to brighten up the brick wall :)

View from outside my window...

The amazing vase my mum bought me and a spider web I didn't see until I looked at this photo on the viewfinder :)

That's all for now, I start college next week and I hope to be bringing to plentiful updates from now on!

3 comments:

SimoneV said...

Ooooh starting a "new" life :)
Exciting!!!
What are you studying at uni? I think you may have mentioned it in an earlier post but I can't remember?

I live in the tropics :) You're right the weather is not all that great always, huimidity is NUTS and cyclones do occur . . .:-|
But I love mangoes. They are so expensive and rare at the moment, make sure you steal some from that tree!!

You just won't like it when they fall and start to stink and rot in the ground :-| Eat em quick! :)

Gracie said...

I'm studying photography, a year of it at a private colege :) and thankyou! i'll make a note about those mangoes! :p

The Kid In The Front Row said...

I like your backyard :)