Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Resolutions, resolutions

I was going to take an outfit photo to go with this post, but then I slept until 2pm and it was pouring raining by the time I got up! However, I do have a few photos of my short trip in Newcastle, so I'll share them :)

New Year's resolutions are a funny thing and a lot of people this year were raving on about how they were stupid, but I don't see the harm in a date where you can sit down and think of all the things you'd like to achieve in the next 12 months.


- Worry less and live more. 
This has always been a goal of mine, but it's never hit home as much as it did last year when two of my friends passed away. Georgie and Bella lived so much more than I have in my time (even thought I'm older than them), and they just didn't waste any time. They were always making memories and having experiences and I plan on spending the year living by that philosophy. I've spent a lot of time in the past sitting around at home and worrying, but next year I'm moving out of home and to a new city and I plan on having as many experiences as possible and making as many memories as I can. 
- Lose weight and get fit.
I make this resolution every year... hopefully I can do it this year!
- Become independent. 
- Take my photography further.
- Work on some more creative endeavours. 
- Get more than a non-existant romantic life.
- Make sure I keep in close touch with my friends living in different places to me. 
- Read more.

That's all I can think of for now, but the first one kind of covers everything!

Anywho, here are some photos of my trip to Newcastle.

Zoe at a little burger shop in Merriwa 


Me with one of my strangely exposed polaroids 





Zoe looking hawt in her swimmers. 



John with pizza with chicken loaf on top. We're living it up! :p 


4 comments:

Barbara said...

hope you achieve ur new year's resolutions :)
happy new year!!

maggeygrace said...

I LOVE the swimming suit Zoe is wearing. It's cuteee! And the keeping touch with long distance friends thing is on my list, too. It's so hard- even with facebook and email! Is it pathetic that I communicate faster through letters than email?? hahaha:)

Gracie said...

yeah it's a pretty good swimming costume! no, that's not pathetic - that's admirable!

Robyn said...

read more makes my list every year. I feel like I can never read enough.