Monday, September 20, 2010

this side of the blue


"Svetlana sucks lemons across from me


and I am progressing abominably


And I don't know my own way to the sea


But the saltiest sea knows it's own way to me


The city that turns, turns protracted and slow


and I find myself toeing th'embarcadero 


and I find myself knowing the things that I knew


which is all that you can do on this side of the blue.


And Jamie has eyes black and shiny as boots


and they march at you, two by two, re-loo re-loo



when she looks at you, you know she's no where near through



which is all that you can do on this side of the blue


While across the sky sheet the impossible birds


in a steady, illiterate movement homewards.


1 comment:

Claggie said...

Adorable post! I love that outfit and the spider web photo is beautiful! <3 Cute blog!