Sunday, September 12, 2010

They came out of the sunlight, flowers nestled in their hair

"Cos they came out of the sunshine

Flowers nestled in their hair

See they've been stumbling on the backstreets honey

I won't give in, no I won't give in

'Cos my love's not a limit."
 
- Boy & Bear, Mexican Mavis
 
 
 
Goodmonday everyone :)
 
I strongly recommend everyone has a listen to the above song, it's quite brilliant. If you're Australian and a Triple J listener you probably would have heard it :)
 
These are the shots I was talking back that I was looking forward to sharing with everyone!
 
 
This is Jess, I went to high school with her and she's an absolute nut. In an amazing way!
I heard that she'd come back to town for a week so I asked to take her photo, and the time we decided on was the 45 minutes from when I finish work and the sun sets! I took Jack and Sean with me (I've had pictures of Jack on here before).
 
 
So Jess got a little lost on her way to find us, so when she arrived I ordered her into the car and flew off to get to this spot I wanted to take photos at before the sun set! It was just a line of cherry blossoms on one of the roads that heads out of town.
 
 
When we got there I ran out of the car and threw my camera gear on the grass and made Jess stand infront of a tree and madly started taking photos! I had about 300 photos left on my camera card and took them all in 20 minutes! I swear, most hectic photo shoot I've done and I thought the photos were going to be terrible, but I'm really pleased with them!
 
 
Snaps for Sean who was reflecting for me with this tiny make-shift reflector (piece of cardboard) that I bought. And Jack who I think must have been filming the whole thing which I'm a bit concerned about!
And of course to Jess for being such a pretty model girl! And also dealing with my ridiculous commands!
 
 
 
 
 
 
After the sun went down we took some more shots with the ISO cranked up to 1600, so they're grainy but I still like them. Gives them a bit of a lomo effect I suppose!
 
 
 
 
 
I'd love to hear some of your thoughts on these photos (good or bad accepted!)

5 comments:

Amber Rose said...

These photos are amazing. The natural lighting, the texture, not to mention the beauty. :)

And thank you for the song recommendation-- I'm downloading it now.

I love that you're a day ahead of me. :)

maggeygrace said...

These pictures are GORGEOUS! you look incredible! I love your red hair and your eyes pop in all of these.

I love how you mixed lace and denim- two of the in "trends" right now. They look so good together!!

esme and the lane way said...

Love these pics, the light in them is so cool!

Rosanna said...

I really like the cherry blossom photos, the lighting and everything made them beautiful. I don't know much about photography but they were lovely :) x

Sara Lynn said...

These pictures are amazing! You did a great job, I love pictures at sundown and she looks beautiful! Thanks for sharing them :)