Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Unknown Blogger Feature: Ailera Stone

I'm really very excited about this blogger feature - the blog is Autumn in my Veins. Ailera Stone photography , the blog of photographer, Aistė Tiriūtė or Ailera Stone.
I'm not sure how I discovered her, possibly through DeviantArt, but she's just fantastic and I feel like I've stumbled across a real gem in finding her blog!


Pictured is Ailera, who is only 19-years-old. I can't imagine how talented she'll be in a few years if she's only 19 now. Argh, jealousy!

[All pictures in this post from Ailera's blog, Autumn in My Veins] 

Here are some of my favourite pics of her photos, as well as some questions she answered for me.




Name: Aistė Tiriūtė (I use "Ailera Stone" in all of my sites, because it's easier to understand. Now I'm thinking about going back to my real name, but it would be quite complicated.)
Blog name: Autumn in My Veins. Ailera Stone photography.
Age: 19
Country: Lithuania
What's your blog about? It's mostly a photography blog. It's my photos, my life, things that inspire me.
Who do you think should read your blog? People who are interested in photography, who like pretty things, who like to dream. I think they should find something in my pictures.



How would you describe your photography style? I would say dreamy, nostalgic, with fragile youth or memories, but it fits my older photography more. Now I'm not quite sure as I'm turning to a more fashion-y direction and I'm still just finding my way. :}
What photography inspires you? Photography with the stories behind it, with strong emotions and also (lately) with a fashion perspective.




What do you do for a living (at the moment)? Nothing, I just finished high school last month.


What is your dream career? Photographer. Musician or writer too, but it sounds like only a dream. I'm going to live my dream, though. :}


What is something that many people don't know about you? I'm weird, sometimes in a bad way. Sometimes I hate absolutely everything around me and in this world, it's good that I have my mind where I can hide whenever I want and where I have my own world.


What's your favourite book, movie, song and band/artist? Oh, now that could take years and years. ;D But I'll try narrow it down as much as I can. Books: The Stranger (by Camus), The Dorian Gray Picture, Silk, The Idiot, The White Shroud (by lithuanian writer Antanas Škėma, everyone should read it if it's possible to get it in English), The Virgin Suicides, Alice in Wonderland, Harry Potter, because I grew up with him. Movies: Dancer in the Dark, The Virgin Suicides, Amelie from Montmartre, Pan's Labyrinth, Fight Club, The Fountain, Inception. And my favorite songs and artists you can see in my last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/paper-planes. Otherwise it would took me days to write down all my favorite bands, music is everything to me.




What's your idea of the perfect date? I don't have any 'perfect' date planned in my mind. I think the more surprising or crazy, the best it would be.



What's something you're really scared of? I don't know. I thought about this for a long time. Nothing in particular. But I'm really terrified that I won't do everything I want to do with my life. Which I won't, because it's quite impossible to do all the things you dream about.


What's something you're always being asked? If my curly hair is natural. They often believe me when I tell them it's not.

 

What qualities do you look for in a man/woman (whichever applies to you)? Unique vision, otherwise it's boring. He has to be open-minded, artistic and he should understand me and that's quite difficult. The way he looks is important too, but there is only one thing that I really love - long hair. All the other things just become more beautiful when you get to know a person and you like him.


What qualities do you dislike in a man/woman? Untidiness.

Where do you want to be in 10 years time? I guess by that time I want to be quite happy with my photography and writing (like that will ever happen ;D), live in a quiet house with vines on it, have a big secret garden with beautiful flowers and plants, a library inside the house. Have some people by my side who would see the world similarly. And on a more personal note - learn how to deal with myself and just be really happy and not worried about every little thing.


If you haven't started following Autumn in My Veins by now then I thoroughly recommend you get to it!

1 comment:

Amber Rose said...

Such lovely photos-- thank you for featuring her!

xxoo,
Amber Rose
modestjune.com