Sunday, August 8, 2010

I've been sleeping for 40 days

I took photos of my friend Jack on the weekend, which I've been meaning to do for about a year now! He lives in Sydney, but comes from here orginally, so I always try to catch up to take his photo when he comes back to town and I finally did a few days ago. Another to add to my portfolio of friends I've photographed.


















I've been trying to take photos that are less newspapery recently, but it's a hard trend to get out of. I find that I personally think that when someone is looking straight into the lense they're 'connecting' with the photo a lot more and it's kind of like you see right into them. That's just my opinion, but I find it harder to catch that sort of moment when someone is looking away from the camera. But maybe that's just my technique!
But in saying that, I think that first photo I showed you of Jack (top of this post) does that, which must be why I love the photo so much!
Thoughts?

8 comments:

Barbara said...

I love this photos too!!!!

I gave you an award in my blog!!!

http://www.barara-franco.com

Lulu said...

ah love that last photo. the "gentlemen" sign is perfect in it =]


postcards from dreamland ♥

ps- don't forget to check out my giveaway! ♥

Debbie said...

I like these a lot! I do like the one of him looking away and looking straight at the camera. I think you do well trying both ways!

hiven said...

he's yum :)

Linda said...

He is really handsome!

dennicapearl said...

you're an outstanding photographer :D

the last picture is my favorite. its unique, and it makes a statement all at once.

im a new follower :]
follow back :D

http://eyesofapearl.blogspot.com

sydneysomething said...

When did Jack get so hot?

maggeygrace said...

These pictures are so good! They're so creative. Jack is mighty attractive, I have to say. What a cutie!