Thursday, July 1, 2010

Unknown blogger feature: Steph of If I Only Were a Goth

Today is the launch of my first ever.... Blogger Feature! I’ve featured bloggers before for competitions, but I want to start a monthly blogger feature on unknown or up and coming bloggers. The idea is that I do a little interview to get to know a blogger with 50 or less followers.
I believe that in most cases a blog is all about oneself and the thing that makes people interested is if they are interested in the blogger themselves! (Hence why I’m interested in personal blogging [but not too personal]) So if you feature in this section I won’t be asking you much about your blog but more about yourself.

I’ve decided to kick off this feature with a good friend of mine who has recently started a blog. Her style is a lot different to a lot of the fashion interested bloggers that follow my blog – but I think for anyone, all the different styles in the world should be explored. I just love hearing about her weird and wonderful loves.

If you read this and have anything in common with her, think you might find something in common, or just wanna hear daily updates from a mad bitch, then check out her blog :p

Name Steph
Age 20
Blog If I Only Were a Goth
How would you describe your style? Victorian Steampunk Absinthe Fairy :p


“I am of the opinion that many aspects go into style, not just appearance. I'm obsessed with appearing well-read and intelligent. It's kind'a ridiculous.”

What do you currently do for a living? Well I'm a student, but I'm taking a break for a bit, so I guess I'll be a regular working joe...when I get a job :P
What is your dream career? Rockstar/ Photographer/ Rockstar photographer/ scholar

“I was quite joyous to know that someone else in the world understood the complexities of the backcombing world. No wonder if takes me 4 hours to get goth'd up.”

What is something that many people don't know about you? I have very conservative values when it comes to sex.
What's your favourite book, movie, song and band/artist? Around the World in 80 Days by Jules Verne, Back to the Future, The Great Depression by Aesthetic Perfection, Emilie Autumn
What's your idea of the perfect date? I have this image in my head of a night time rooftop picnic with fairy lights in victorian garments, him reciting me Byron or Keats and after eating just looking at the stars for ages whilst holding hands. ...I'm so lame
What are you always being asked? Why green?
What's your favourite item of clothing? My gold and black steampunk corset

“I find that their designs seem to be quite original. I mean have you seen any giant golden octopus facinators anywhere else?”

What's something you're really scared of? Sharks and wolves, and some sort of horrid biproduct of gene-splicing the two.
What qualities do you look for in a man/woman? Strong jaw and high cheekbones. And they have to smell good. I can't handle being around people that smell horrid.
What qualities do you dislike in a man/woman? That they think a kiss is a green light for everything else. Sometimes, or always in my case, a kiss is just a kiss.
“I am looking forward to feeling happy and well again and maybe finding a new boy to fawn over”

What's your blog about? Generally gothic fashion and my photography
Who do you think should read your blog? People who are interested in gothic fashion and/or novice photography :P




[The second picture in this post and the last three were taking by Steph, the rest by myself]

If you would like to nominate someone or yourself to feature here, then please shoot me an email at gracie.johns@gmail.com.

8 comments:

Chloe, Butterfly Cupcakes said...

I agree that its good to take in all the different fashion styles, that is how your fashion becomes eclectic. I think this is a cool idea and it was a great post.

eleanor said...

Thank you so much for your comment and for following, love!

X

sydneysomething said...

hahaha, mad bitch :P Oh man, I love ya'.

Thanks for this :)

Tonia said...

Think this is a great idea: dammit, wish I'd thought of it myself!

bambi and the monster said...

Ive just found your blog, I really like it! Also Steph's hair is awsome!!! If you have the time please take a look at my blog and tell me what you think :)

http://bambiandthemonster.blogspot.com/

Faux Naif said...

what a wonderful idea! i love blogger spotlights.

Flashes of Style said...

Well she has cute style! <3

sydneysomething said...

Thanks ;)