Sunday, June 20, 2010

Forgive me, I am only a maid


Good evening, blog friends :)

It's been a little while since I've posted, but I've had a busy weekend so I have a few fun posts planned for the week ahead!

My sister, Renoir, came up to visit this weekend and as she is a good model I took her out on a photography adventure. Except it was freezing so it was kind of a cross between huddling in the car, and running around outside.


We started off by going to a forest (I have quite a thing about taking photos in forests). The 'good' forest was blocked off because of some car rally - annoying - so we had to go to the not-good forest that is thick with bogans. But we found a few good spots.


When I first discovered this forest (and hadn't discovered the better, further away forests) I would drive to it every so often on one of my lunch-time exploring whims.
I'd driven to the forest once, but only with a car-load of people and it was dusk. This time I went down by myself, forgetting how I often get freaked out by the eeriness of these lonely places.
As I was driving down the dirt road to the forest, I could see this white coloured station wagon driving towards me on the dirt road - really slowly. Well it was either a 'feeling' or my general whimpiness that made me freak out at the sight of it and turn my car around to get out of there. I don't know, white station wagon going along at 10km/h coming out of a forest just looks creepy.
So I turned my car around and took off, not looking back behind me. I still had half an hour before I had to be back at work, so instead of heading back into town I thought I'd turn right onto the highway and go exploring somewhere else.
I turned off the highway and was driving along another road with a few houses on it, when I saw a cool cloud formation and decided to pull over, roll down my window, and take a few shots of it.
Anyway, when I had finished taking the photos I put the camera back in the car and looked in my rear vision mirror - to see a white station wagon pulling off the road right behind me! Arrrgghhh! Anyway, so I took off ridiculously quickly and took about half an hour to get back to work because I was too afraid to go back past the white station wagon, and instead went the extremely long back way.
So that's my story for today. Creepy white station wagon experiences :p


We also took some photos outside this amazing white house that I always drive by and admire. I think I would like to live in it.




Renoir's outfit: 
Red jumper/romper/pantaloons :p: Mine, from Dalena Vintage
Coat: Cue

4 comments:

casual ambiguity said...

Great photos :) I can't remember if I commented this the other day, but I really enjoyed reading your photography tips in an earlier post. I've only just gotten my DLSR so I am very much a newbie in the photography department!

In answer to your question, I am doing my Phd in business - it's with the marketing discipline specifically, but it's on corporate social responsibility/sponsoring not for profits/and how employees and customers react to those types of things. 2ish years to go...ugh!

DalenaVintage said...

The jumper looks so cute on your sister! Did you end up chopping of the suspenders or did you just tuck them in for the shoot?

I totally feel you on the forest thing. I wimp out a lot when I'm out taking photos and I see other people around!

Chloe, Butterfly Cupcakes said...

I love the red and blue colour combination, your sister is very stylish.

Btw, I think you should check out this post, I think you will like it. http://butterflycupcakesanddaffodils.blogspot.com/2010/06/follow-yellow-brick-road.html

randomtraverses said...

like your photos, the first one in this post is really beautiful.