Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Farewell to the fat

I've just read Tieka from Selective Potential's old blog post about her weight loss and have been inspired, like I am every few weeks, to lose weight.
Technically I'm still on the plan I was on before but I've just had a small period of not caring. But I have been eating less. Fatty food, but less snacks! Haha!

Anyway, in the past I haven't talked too much about weight loss on here but I've decided perhaps if I blog about it then it might inspire me to keep doing it. I don't plan on taking pictures of me sweating on the treadmill or telling you my weekly weight, but I'll probably focus on the food-aspect with healthy recipes and stuff! (I've been meaning to post recipes for so long now!)

I think there are a lot of people out there who are fighting with their weight but don't really talk about it, and I'm not saying that my blog is going to become a weight loss blog, but my blog is about my life and... this is an aspect of it!

I sometimes have conflicting opinions about weight because I don't agree with the ideal body image these days, but I know that as much as I don't agree with it, I still want to be it.
We have such contrasting issues going around at the moment, one about body image and one about obesity. We have to respect 'normal'/'real' body images yet we can't get obese. (I have a feeling that body image issues are really aimed at those people that I would think are a perfect body weight, who still want to lose 10kgs!)

I'm not into calorie counting because I know I couldn't do it forever, I'm more interested in general healthy eating. My extremely healthy sister is doing the City2Surf soon and has given up junk food until then, and she doesn't even want it anymore!
Now I don't think I need to go to that extreme because I think I'd get too depressed knowing I could never eat cake again, but I need to learn to control how much cake I eat.
I know very well that my eating can be completely obsessive and not because I'm hungry, and I'll eat things that make me feel terrible because I'm addicted to them. And I think that's what has to stop.

Another factor is exercise obviously. I used to do one or the other, diet with no exercise or exercise with no diet - and I wondered why I wasn't losing weight. I think exercise is such a big factor because I can eat badly, but if I exercise every day for a week then everything just starts toning up!

Anyway, the point of it all is that I think you need to feel healthy and confident. When you, like me, feel like your neck-flab wobbles when you walk too fast, then you need to take action to feel better about yourself!

I would love to hear from anyone else who's trying to lose weight especially via their blog, and perhaps we could make some sort of group or regular feature? I don't know!

So please, comment on this or email me at gracie.johns@gmail.com

No comments: