Sunday, June 6, 2010

The boy, the bear, the beard




I'm quite excited about this post because I think this might be one of my favourite outfits so far! I can't put my finger on why, I just think it encompasses where I'm going with my style really well.


I stumbled upon this dress when I was in Sydney, in General Pants Co, and fell in love with it instantly!
Something about the material, the pattern, the colours - and the peter pan collar of course - I just love!


I'm also wearing a bicycle necklace, you can't see it very well, but it's very cute! I got it from the Glebe markets for $15 though, so I'm pretty sure it's a ripoff, and that makes me sad.

(I'm always telling people to put wheat thingies in the mouths when I take their photo, I gave it a try for myself and it was kinda hard to do a normal face! I did a few smiling faces that were just strange :P)



The boots, oh the boots, are from Steve Madden. I love them ever so much. I've been covetting them waiting for the perfect dress to whip them out for, and now I've finally released them on the world (meanwhile I took so long to wear them I missed the 'trend' haha!)


I just reading finished The Geurnsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society and I'm telling you, if you haven't read it yet, you have to. It's such a good book. I asked my mother and sisters for a book that would make me feel happy inside, and they told e to read Geurnsey, and it did. Oh it did. Read it, please.



Dress: Alice in the Eve via General Pants Co
Boots: Steve Madden
Necklace: Glebe Markets


On another topic, the opening for the exhibition some of my photos featured in was on Friday night, and I'll be posting some pictures from there soon!

P.s. I was looking for a title for this blog post and was looking from the lyric book for Laura Marling's I Speak Because I Can - which I've been listening to on repeat recently.
I actually just found myself reading her 'Thanks' and it started with 'The boy, the bear, the beard, the fiddler, EJ and the banjo tickler'. (Isn't Laura amazing?)
More on boys and bears at a later date :)

1 comment:

t said...

Cute dress!

http://initialed.blogspot.com