Sunday, May 30, 2010

I read the news today


Today was a good day. A good day indeed. Infact, I had the feeling it was going to be a good day so I decided to document it.
I don't know why I don't usually get up at 7.30am on a Sunday morning!


One should not judge how one's day will be based on breakfast. The thought of peanut butter on toast was swell. However, with peanut butter toast being the stickiest of toasts, i advise that one should not eat it while lying down. I chose to eat this toast while reading in bed (like I used to do all the time) and it seems I can't do that anymore. It got stuck somewhere in my organs and I had to steam it out with some tea.
However, I note now that I don't usually have tea in the morning and it was quite enjoyable. Perhaps this is a thing that should be done (duh, everyone says).


I'm reading The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. It's been thoroughly recommended by my entire family to me, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it, but I won't go into it because it's too early.


I went for a bike ride. This photo makes it look like it must have been some sort of beautiful warm autumn ride, but that's just because I took the photo inside in the yellow light. In actual fact is was raining and utterly dreary.
I drove to a good riding spot because my house is on a hill and it's all well and good to ride down the hill but when you're having a mini asthma attack and trying to get home, the hill is no longer your friend.
I think I looked like a real lunatic on my ride. I was wearing orange pants, a huge pink jumper, a black coat and a green beanie with my helmet perched what seemed like meters above my head.
Also, riding in the rain is different to not riding in the rain. You fall down more.
That sounds negative, but actually I loved my ride.

There was a long time where in the middle of the day where I forgot about photographing because I was cleaning my room, and then Steph showed up all of a sudden and we sat around for hours talking about catheters.

Then I went for another bike ride, with mother this time, and then decided to wander around my yard in the rain taking photos. My yard looks so much better in the rain.









I put some drifting clouds on my wall.


I wrote a letter.


I made a photo wall.


And I sewed half a dress! I'm so excited about this dress, I've never sewed clothes before but I had this lovely vintage dress that just wouldn't fit me, so I somehow made a pattern out of it! I bought this fabric from spotlight, it was in the craft fabric section and I thought everything would be too expensive, but this was $15/metre reduced to $3/metre! Bargain!


And then I went to bed. :)

P.S. I was meant to post this yesterday but I got too tired and couldn't concentrate anymore so I went to bed.

3 comments:

FintWobbleBunstworthy said...

Grace,

I look forward to your blogs everyday

Yours sincerely,

Kevin Rudd

(Actually Rosemary. Who actually enjoys them)

Starr Crow said...

beautiful photos from your bike ride.

CLOUDS! i need to do this somewhere in my house too.

A letter. <3 haven't done that in ages.

Memories.

Your dress!!! the material looks good, can't wait to see it.

Anonymous said...

hahahaha i' glad you put in the thing about the catheters :P

-Syd