Sunday, March 21, 2010

I know I'm supposed to be a photo blogger, but it's time for a rant.

Today I went to a Senior's Week event for the paper called 'Midday Melodies' where a band called the 'Howie Brothers' entertained a room packed with mostly seniors. The event was a two course lunch with entertainment, and everyone was sitting eating their bread rolls etc.

The first song had only just started when an adorable old couple got up, took the dancefloor, and started waltzing around the room. A song or two later another couple joined in, and the four of them all had a blast doing their old timey dances.

Now, I don't know if it's just because I've been watching a lot of Ally McBeal lately - but it just made me think. Why don't us 'young people' do that anymore?

The only times it's been acceptable for me to ballroom dance with someone is when myself and everyone around is sloshed, and even then we get weird looks.

I don't even need to ballroom dance, but when I go to a pub or a club the only partner dancing I see is two people rubbing themselves up against each other.

Maybe I'm just getting sick of being a adolscent or young adult. It's all 'lulz' and judgements on each other.

People have to get drunk to do what they actually want to do, because if you're sober then you're 'a loser' but if you're drunk then you're 'such a funny drunk'.

I don't know, if a person wants to do something and they're not hurting anyone in doing it then I think that's pretty cool myself.

Anyway, enough of my babbling. Let's have a photo.

I took this at the same time as the bubble and peg picture I took. I think I was just proud of myself for getting it in focus.



P.S. I've decided to learn how to roller skate and to a lesser extend, use a skateboard.

... I'll post pictures of the injuries as they come.

No comments: